We would like to give anyone who is visiting any YMCA Humber location, the reassurance that we have your health and wellbeing in mind.
We are adhering to the guidelines issued by the British Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have been monitoring the situation and we will continue to look at ways to better protect the health of our staff, residents and guests as a priority, and we have therefore put in place the following precautionary measures:
- In addition to the existing hand washing facilities around our properties, we have increased the number of hand sanitising units and encourage everyone to use them.
- We have introduced additional cleaning to our already comprehensive routines, especially focusing on touchpoints in all public areas, plus resident and staff spaces.
- All our staff and residents are receiving regular guidance and updates on how to prevent COVID-19.
- Several team members are working from home and staff have been asked to restrict travel across sites and to external meetings. This is to protect the workforce as we may call on them to staff front-line services should staff start to become unwell and to allow us to maintain a skeleton rota at our hostels.
- The Sports Hall is closed now and all activities are cancelled
- All Youth Clubs operated by YMCA Humber are closed until further notice
- No visitors are allowed at any of our sites.
It continues to be a rapidly changing scenario, therefore YMCA Humber will continue to constantly review procedures.
Symptoms and details about COVID -19 can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Please do not panic. We will continue to be guided by national and local government to offer practical advice to help you to reduce the risk of infection and maintain our essential services.
Thank you for your co-operation.
We find ourselves in very challenging times as we put in place plans to keep the people who use our services, some of the most vulnerable in society, accommodated during the impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
If you can spare any donation at all, no matter how small, we would very much appreciate your support.
You can help by directly donating to our campaign at Just Giving https://bit.ly/2QGymJK