We believe that our staff team are our greatest asset, so as well as supporting people in some challenging situations, by choosing a career at YMCA Humber you will be part of a supportive and close-knit team. Last year we provided over 39,400 safe nights of accommodation for vulnerable people. At YMCA Humber we believe everyone has potential to unlock.
So why not join our team in one of the following areas –
- Foyer Coach – Grimsby.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Foyer Coach at ‘The Foyer’, Orwell Street, Grimsby.
For this challenging role experience of working in a similar environment or with similar clients would be highly beneficial along with a recognised qualification in working with young people.
In 2001, YMCA Humber opened its Foyer, providing supported housing, based upon a self-contained model, for 26 young people.
Our Foyer Project offers supported accommodation for 16-24 year-olds who are actively involved in education, training or volunteering.
The building boasts of 26 self-contained studio flats with 24-hour support in a university halls style environment.
The Foyer seeks to help those young people who are serious about moving on in their education and making progressive steps towards their future plans
In this varied role, you will work alongside residents offering support based on life-coaching and person-centred principles, using skills such as active listening and positive questioning whilst enabling residents to meet their aspirations such as being healthy, managing finances and preparing for living more independently.
A methodical, well organised, and positive approach to work is essential.
An appreciation of the needs and aspirations of homeless young people and the ability to keep comprehensive records is essential.
This role is full time role of which 20 hours are on a four-week rota and the remaining hours are flexible to cover annual leave, sickness etc.
40 hours per week
20 hours on a 4-week rota plus 20 hours flexible to cover annual leave etc
£10:45 per hour
- RELIEF Night Concierge within YMCA Humber at our Peaks Lane Hostel and at The Foyer.
The role of Night Concierge is required to oversee the safety of our staff, residents, and premises during the night.
The key elements of this role, reporting to the Property Service Lead, include –
• Ensuring the welfare, safety and security of our residents and buildings overnight.
• Making regular security checks ensuring building are secure, noise and disruption are kept to a minimum, and common areas and fire exits are kept free from obstructions.
• Manage safe evacuation of the site in case of a fire alarm where necessary.
• Administer basic first aid if required.
• Monitoring CCTV of various sites and take appropriate action, as necessary.
• Control ‘out of hours’ access to buildings by residents.
• Provide informal support or signposting to residents if needed, and hand over appropriate information to relevant daytime staff.
• Carry out immediate risk assessments as required.
• Ensuring that designated areas are clean, secure, and safe.
• Carry out preparation for following days breakfasts, activities, setting up rooms for meetings/events etc., within the designated hostel.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
• A good level of education.
• Experience of building management, Health and safety or maintenance.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
• Be able to work unsociable hours, including some public holidays / weekends on a rota basis.
Salary £9.78 per hour
Both roles require an enhanced DBS check and offer the following benefits:
- Holiday pay based on hours worked.
- Access to the YMCA Humber Employee Assistance Programme.
- DBS Cost Paid.
- Induction Programme and on the job Training Opportunities.
- Regular Supervision.
- Internal progression opportunities.
If you are interested in these positions please send your CV to Kate.email@example.com with a supporting statement of no more than 2 pages
Closing date: Monday 30th November 2020
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, reference, and suitability checks.
For the latest vacancies within YMCA Humber please bookmark this page to your web browser.
We are often looking for relief staff to add to our bank of relief workers. If you are interested in joining YMCA Humber, please use the contact details above
If you require more details please call 01472 359621