2019 has been a remarkable year for YMCA Humber and The Charity Times have recognised the tremendous effort in their 2020 Awards
Announcing us winners of both HR Management Award & Property Innovation Award!
It is a great feeling to be part of a top performing team were EVERYONE contributes to its success.
The awards reward excellence across over 25 separate categories and celebrates best practice in the UK Charity and not for profit sector.
YMCA Humber has been selected as WINNERS for the HR Management Award and the Property Innovation Award
The objectives of the The Charity Times Awards have remained consistent:
• To honour the outstanding professionals in the many and varied fields of charity management
• To recognise, celebrate, and promote best practice
• To support continuing professional development
• Contribute towards raising the standards of charity management
• To promote and raise the profile of the charity sector
• To provide recognition for those who are providing effective support to the sector.
YMCA Humber are honoured to have been selected for the support they provide across North East Lincolnshire.
YMCA Humber currently comprises of Peaks Lane Hostel for 72 residents, The Foyer for twenty six 16-25year olds plus two community houses for 11 residents. Recently we have added to our portfolio of property with a Care Leavers house and a Housing First home, which results in total support for 115 residents every evening.
We are also very proud of general achievements over the last 12-14months. We want to continue with positive initiatives locally to make a difference to the communities we serve.
- New Community House purchased and opened to support females only
- Property purchased, renovated, and now supporting Care Leavers (24/7 support in place)
- Our £8.3m Freeman Street development is born, funding and site secured and is now on site and progressing well
- A job evaluation scheme is in place to ensure fairness and equity across our pay structure as we become a Living Wage Employer
- Negotiations have taken place to assume the running and management of a Community Centre in a deprived area of Grimsby (opening postponed to 1st November 2020 due to Covid-19)
- Work commenced in partnership with the University of Lincoln to support Young Dads to improve their engagement and improve the outcomes for their children.
- One new Housing First project, with another to open shortly – supporting four people who have been street homeless with a beautiful home and intensive support from our dedicated staff.
All our projects also involve providing accessibility to quality mental health and support whilst offering a safe, secure and decent place to call home.
Debbie Cook, Chief Executive at YMCA Humber, is naturally delighted to see her team honoured for their efforts.
“We are obviously delighted to be recognised by Charity Times in winning the HR Management & Property Innovation of the Year awards,” she said.
“It is a fantastic reward for our whole team, including volunteers, that ensure our operations runs on a daily basis. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees are given the opportunity to reach their full potential, feel valued and work together effectively to achieve our goals. In this way we will establish a workforce, which reflects the diversity of the wider community”.
Debbie also spoke about how pleasing it was to see recent innovations of the last 18 months singled out for praise.
“In the past year we have opened one new community house for ladies plus a property for Housing First Initiative and another for care leavers,” she added. “The new Freeman Street Development is currently ahead of schedule and due to open in September 2021”.